At this point in my life I do know that it will get better--that life ebbs and flows--but that knowledge doesn't exactly change the fact that special kiddos create special kinds of family chaos.
So in honor of that and this being November (Thanksgiving and all), I am going to say what I am thankful for just a few weeks early.
If you would like to do the same, leave a link to your "Thankful" post or your own list of items below in the comments. We could all use some inspiration.
I am thankful...
1. For the stability of my marriage (something that hasn’t always been the case)
2. For being off anti-anxiety medication for over 9 months
3. For my husband’s job and not being affected by the recession
4. For our family’s overall health
5. For the support of my parents
6. For the continued strength that god has given me
7. For the friends that I have found that “get” my life
8. For the people at ASTAR (now Children’s Autism Center)
9. For my son’s “Team” at school and in private therapy
10. For my dog’s continued love even though we haven't been to the dog park in over a year
11. For my book being finished and close to release
12. For the sun that is actually shining in November in Seattle
13. For full day school (no more early release)
14. For my 'other' friends who are able to lift me up by spending time talking about real and "not so important" things to ease my mind
15. And for writing--something I cannot picture my life without ever again.
Don't forget to take care of yourself,