Thankful for You

It is a tradition in our family to say what you are thankful for during Thanksgiving Dinner.  We go one by one around the table, each of us with our own special memories from the year before, and recount the blessings we have each received.  I rehearse with the boys, as this is probably the only reason they even sit at the table (and will get up the moment it is over), and they come up with amazing lists of things they are thankful for; from football to having their grandparents visit, I am always astounded by their insightful words.

I think about what I am thankful for carefully each year, so I am prepared for the moment my turn comes.  So much so, that often it chokes me up during dinner.  And yet, every year, I still find myself attempting to fight off the incoming tears, to no avail.

This year, like so many others, I have much to be thankful for; my book release and awards, the success of Gabriel's new school, all three kids having great teachers, Matthew's success in preschool, Nick's recongition through receiving Seahawks tickets and a writing award, being able to see good doctors, and great therapists, my husband's job and accomplishments in grad school, the continued support and love of my parents, the amazing connections I made at the SPD Symposium just this month and of course first and foremost having a healthy and happy life.

But this year, I am truly feeling overly-blessed to say that I have each of you joining me along this journey.  For all of you who follow my blog, who visit regularly, or just occasionally, who are new, or are old timers, for those who comment and for those who lurk, I am equally proud to say that you are here with me.  None of us want to be on this journey alone, me included, and each time I read a new comment, or see a new follower, I am grateful to know that not only am I not alone on this journey, I am in GREAT company.

So, this year when I sit at the Thanksgiving table, I am going to start with how thankful I am to have all of you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your whole family -- may you all have MUCH to be thankful for!

Warmly,
Hartley

7 comments:

Dawn @ Seeking Sense said...

The feeling is definitely mutual. My days had been so dark and moody before I chanced on your blog. I felt isolated and of course we were the *only* ones dealing with SPD that I knew. Thank you so much for providing so much insight and support for all of us. You are a true blessing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hartley said...

Thank you Dawn! Wishing you and your family a Happy (and meltdown-free) Thanksgiving!

Hartley

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too! I knew so little before I found your site and you've given me so much. I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving!!

alysia

Chynna said...

<3

Chynna

www.lilywolfwords.ca
www.the-gift-blog.com
www.seethewhiteelephants.blogspot.com

Hartley said...

Alysia and Chynna --

I am VERY thankful for both of you!

Have a great weekend,
Hartley

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I've recently been spending my time on FB... I wanted to "like" this post... ooops!
Anyway, I wanted to say right back at you-- it is super awesome to be more connected with the SPD community thru blogs like yours !

Fields said...

Hartley,
I am thankful for you. I needed to know that I am not alone in this and you have given me that and you have given me a wealth of information. THANK YOU!