Here are my straightforward and simple parenting reminders – nothing new here folks! – just trying to get you in the right mind set for a weekend spent enjoying your child!
Please add your favorite kid-centric weekend activity in the comments below!
1. Let them eat dessert
5. Laugh about when they were a baby
6. Make a mud puddle
7. Play the, “Remember when … “ game
8. Recall favorite vacations
9. Just listen
10. Read together
11. Remember to SMILE when your child walks in the room – they need to know you missed them
12. Lead with the positive
13. Go through old photos
14. Be playful – every moment doesn’t have to be a teaching moment
15. Skip rocks – or just throw them in the lake!
16. Allow your child a mental health day; they have as much stress as we do
17. Play dress up – YOU TOO!
18. Compliment them
19. Remind them of their of past successes
20. Watch a movie