With a new ‘sensational story’ posted every day through the month of October, including a never-before-published story from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller that will move you to tears, as well as the inspiring stories of other SPD advocates and authors such as Chynna Laird and Terri Mauro, and an emotional story told through the poetry of Jennie Linthorst, among the many other families just like me and you, these stories showcase what it is really like to raise a child with SPD and how increased support and funding is so desperately needed. This event will spotlight the struggles and successes every SPD family faces on their SPD journey; from ‘ah ha’ moments, to finding help through Occupational Therapy, these families are on the front lines of this disorder every day.
And helping them is easy.
Click on the “ChipIn” widget on the right navigation bar. It will take you to PayPal where you can make a donation in any amount you choose. If you want to promote this event on your blog -- you can put the ChipIn widget there too -- just click the word 'copy' on the widget up top there on the right to get the code for your site ------------->
In an effort to encourage everyone to donate generously, prizes will be awarded to the person(s) raising the most money each week and there will be a HUGE PRIZE PACKAGE for the person who raises the most money during the month. Also, if you raise $250 you will automatically win a prize! So rally your friends and family, and have them donate under your name – all you have to do is ask them to leave your family’s name and email address in the comments of their donation – and you are entered to win! Also, there will be prizes awarded through random drawing for those who donate any amount, just click, donate and you're entered. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
And trust me, the prizes are fantastic! Here are some of the things you can win:
• Autographed copy of "My Brother Charlie" by Holly Robinson-Pete and her daughter Ryan Elizabeth
• Autographed copy of “Not My Son” by Rodney Peete
• 2 Year Subscription to S.I. Focus Magazine valued at $49
• $50 Gift Card to Build A Bear Workshop
• 1 Custom weighted blanket of the winner’s choice, up to a $267 value from Dream Catcher Weighted Blankets
• Movie tickets and concession coupons for a 4 donated by AMC Theaters
• Collection of books from Carol Kranowtiz (valued at $150)
• Autographed copy of Sensational Kids by Dr. Lucy Jane Miller
• DVD Sensory Processing Master Class by Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide and Lindsey Biel MA OTRL
• Autographed copy of Raising a Sensory Smart Child by Lindsey Biel MA OTRL and Nancy Peske
• Autographed copy of The Mislabeled Child by Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide
• Sensitive Sam, by Marla Roth-Fisch
• Autistic Like DVD from Erik Linthorst
• Copy of both books The Everything Parent's Guide to Sensory Integration Disorder and 50 Ways to Support Your Child's Special Education donated and written by Terri Mauro
• $100 gift card to Borders from Liz Chapdelaine, SLP
• $75 gift card to Teres Kids (Sensory Friendly Clothing) from Alex Merlino
• 2 Soft Clothing prizes packs 2 shirts and pants for the boy, a skirt, top and dress for the girl
• Model Me Time For School DVD from Model Me Kids
• 6 Kid Companions wearable, chewable, fidgets from Lorna d'Entremont
• Therapy tools from Your Therapy Source
• Therapy tool from Fun and Function
And MUCH MORE. To see a complete listing of prizes, view HLW3B’s prize page here.
Now is the time to join in on the fun and help spread AWARENESS of Sensory Processing Disorder far and wide and provide us all hope for tomorrow.
Whatdaysay? Are you with me!?
NOTE: All winners will be notified on or before November 7, 2010. All prize packages will be mailed after that time.